Saturday, April 30, 2011

Art with only paper?

I just came to know an AMAZING artist! He makes super pieces of work with NOTHING but paper! I'm impressed by his inginuity. Let me show you what I'm talking about:
Simon Schubert is an artist like no other. His ...   

Note the columns, the pattern on the floor, and ...

It almost looks like an old school photo negative. ... 

Another stunning interior piece. A stair case ...

OK, this is just getting ridiculous. Schubert ...

An intricate pattern goes off into infinity. ...

A majestic house sits atop a hill. No detail ...

Here, Schubert profiles playwright and Nobel ...



Fantastic, right?  All he does is simply fold the paper here and there to form the picture. But simply sounds like the wrong word, more like difficultly (I don't even know if there's such a word). I love the 6th and 7th picture the most. Let me know what's yours. And yeah, I almost forgot to mention, the artist's name is Simon Schubert. :



RaNDom Fact:  TIPS come from 'To Insure Prompt Service'. In olden days to get prompt service from servants in an inn, travelers used to drop coins in a box on which was written 'To Insure Prompt Service'. This gave rise to the custom of Tips.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's reaalllyy GREAT. I can't see HOW he made it! Maybe I could try but I don't know if it would work if I tried. :P Lol, and I think I like the 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th best. Actually I dont like the last one but because its difficult i like it. I think he must have used something, not his hands. :D
    Cool post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too agree with ur opinion about the last one. Word for word!

    Thanks for the comment, buddy!

    ReplyDelete